-->
  • Genesis


    On a whim, I could say my 2009 was a major headache. I can’t remember happy moments in both home and work. I remember talking to Nica over beer in Makati and discussing how unproductive last year was and how boring work had become. Travels were also not spectacular and money was always not enough.

    But as I typed this entry in my new laptop, Genesis, I realized I’ve had quite a good year. Aside from buying my own laptop with my own money, I also bought a videocam (Clive) and an mp3/recorder (Sammy) with the meager pay I get every month. Gadget-wise, it was a very fruitful year indeed! I also realized that I included a laptop in my 2010 plans—I got it a few months ahead! How lucky!

    It then hit me that probably, 2009 was a silent worker, not too loud on accomplishments and achievements, but with enough blessings to be happy and thankful for. I told Nica before that my 2009 was merely a year to bridge 2008 and 2010, but I realize now that it’s a year that taught me numerous lessons. I never had a perfect year but I think I learned quite a lot. I’ve listed down my learning experiences from various events in my 2009:

    1. Money should not be wasted and should be allocated to priorities.
    2. There’s always room for improvement especially in writing.
    3. Work hard, play harder.
    4. Always make time for socials and get-togethers. Moving forward means looking back.
    5. Work is a bitch but you need it. Deal with it.
    6. Travels bring out the worst and best in people.
    7. Don’t look too much in, look around instead.
    8. The best vacations are spent at home.

    I can’t think up of additional ones but those mostly made up what I’ve learned from 2009. You might think it’s not much but you have to consider that most of my problems dealt with work. A mistake since life doesn’t revolve around work. I know that now. To write is to live and to live is to experience the ups and downs at the same time.

    Nonetheless, I am very excited for 2010. It’s starting out quite well and my feng shui reading even said it’ll be a good year! When January 2009 started, writer friend Alane Ty sent me an SMS that stuck with me for the whole year. I intended to let it guide my 2009 but it somehow slipped as the year went by. I changed the last line and posted it for everyone. I wish you a happy and optimistic new year!

    To kinder gods and fiercer loves,
    To wild abandonments,
    To sunsets, to wine, and to passion,
    A toast, dear friend, to 2010!


  • You might also like

    No comments: