-->
  • David's Dimsum Delights


    Libay treated me to some quick food fixes at David's Teahouse along Tomas Morato for some girly bonding. We weren't really close to begin with because we met a few months ago at the Institute and this is the first time we ate and talked about ourselves.

    Last month, only four of us (Libay, Paul, Xi, and I) survived from the second batch of the writing workshops and everything had been erratic: getting our first shows, meetings, weekly in-between workshops while the third batch is still scouting for potential writers, etc.

    Since Libay got her first paycheck from Tween Hearts, she decided to treat me out. Apparently, they always eat David's dimsum during meetings and she developed an affinity with the meals. We ordered shrimp hakaw and this colorful four season-esque dimsum with peas. (I ordered it because I find it pretty.)


    We also ordered mushrooms in oyster sauce served in a sizzling plate (above). The meal was satisfying and made me sleepy. (Chinese food always makes me want to snooze.) And the best part of the meal? I realized Libay and I had so many things in common!

    For one, we're both kikays and we've experienced almost the same embarrassment (sort of) during the Institute. We started out not knowing anything about soap opera writing, we suck at making treatments, and we both got saved because of romantic comedies!

    I had a grand time. We'll surely do this again in the future, probably with Paul and Xi. :)
  • You might also like

    No comments: