-->
  • Political figures

    Since I work for ABS-CBN and my office is at the newsroom, I always get to meet personalities. Especially since its the election season and I'm in the morning shift. For one, Karen Davila's Headlines airs at 8 a.m. and she has different guests every now and then.

    Here's a hodgepodge of names I had photos of since I started working for ABS. (Take note that I'm not the type who openly asks for someone's photo.)

    With Jim Paredes in The Promenade, Greenhills
    The photo with Jim Paredes was taken in by Ate Trina after we attended a benefit concert for clean elections in 2009. I look up to Jim more than the other members of APO Hiking Society. Buboy Garovillo was in the area too but I was too 'hiya' to get a picture with him.

    With now Senator BongBong Marcos
    This one was taken by my officemate Rosy in 2010 at the newsroom. Rosy is Ilocana and her family is a supporter of the Marcoses, especially the unico hijo of the Marcos clan. We fondly call now Senator Bong Bong Marcos as BBM. Funny how I'm wearing a yellow shirt. No wonder he was not very comfortable having the photo taken. Haha.

    With Senator Chiz Escudero
     With the elections inching in, I had another photo taken with Senator Chiz Escudero. This was taken after he withdrew his candidacy for Vice-President and weeks after he left NPC. The first time I saw him was four years ago while I was still in St Scho. At that time, girls were openly 'kilig' about him. I never understood why but seeing him during this shoot, Sen. Escudero exudes a very youthful 'crush ng kolehiyala' vibe.

    With Senator Loren Legarda
    For obvious reasons, I was not comfortable having a photo taken with Senator Loren Legarda, who was then running for Vice-President under the NPC but with Nacionalista's Manny Villar. I must admit, though, that Sen. Loren seemed to be excited to return to the newsroom after such a long time.

    With Senator Mar Roxas
    Now this is a photo I'll treasure forever! For one, I have a huge cerebral crush on Senator Mar Roxas, who was then running for Vice-President with now President Noynoy Aquino. I started to like him when I covered an eduction committee hearing at the Senate. That's when I realize he's not just all talk.

    Back then, I really really really wanted to get a photo with Defense secretary Gibo Teodoro, who was my bet for President. Haha. I also wanted a picture with former President Joseph Estrada because I admire his contributions to the film industry.
  • You might also like

    No comments: