-->
  • Tasting Pares--FINALLY!


    I finally nailed down one street food in my To-Eat-Before-I-Die bucket list. My true-blue Manileno friend Xi brought me to the original Pares eatery along Espana to sample this meal and I didn't expect it to be very affordable!


    Last year, my colleagues from Sir RJ's workshop teased me because I have never eaten a pares. I've always seen the eatery on the way to work since I rented out an apartment in Sampaloc but I never had the gall to stop and eat.

    Apparently, the pares is beef stewed in oyster sauce with some local condiments thrown in. You dip the meat in a concoction of soy sauce, calamansi extract, and chilies. It goes well with a cup of garlic rice and is often served with beef-flavored soup.

    The Pares Eatery in Espana is the biggest, Xi said. Also, its the cleanest eatery around. Would I try pares again? Probably when I'm craving for something from Manila. :)
  • You might also like

    No comments: