-->
  • Everything Peanut Butter

    I love peanut butter so its not surprising that you'd see me trying out Peanut Butter and Co, a PB-oriented restaurant at the Mall of Asia. My cousin Lele and I were walking around, looking for a place to eat lunch when we saw this restaurant.

    We've passed it a couple of times and we even joked that we'd never eat there because its an absurd concept. But lo and behold, we ended up sitting inside and wondering why the hell we're trying it out. But then again, I love peanut butter and my companion is itching to try something different.

    The bestseller: Curry pasta
    I ordered the curry pasta because according to the friendly cashier, its one of the bestsellers. (And because I love love love curry). It takes awhile for the food to be served so I'm not sure if this is the place to go for quick lunch fixes. But when the meal arrived, served in recyclable paper lunch boxes, the smell was already worth the wait.

    The curry pasta has very few hints of peanut butter and you can see the fine lines of some peanut butter paste over the meal. The peanut butter gave the pasta a nutty taste and it complemented the curry flavor of the pasta. The noodles are a bit soggy. Maybe they can come up with something al dente next time.

    The meal looks little for the price but while eating it, you'll realize that its very heavy and the servings are just enough to satiate one person. My cousin and I shared of course, because we're not much heavy eaters.

    Sandwich with bananas, chocolate and peanut butter
    My cousin sampled the sandwich, which was heavy on the tummy but its not as experimental as the other food in the menu. Although the menu has many food on the safe side (like sandwiches), most of the offerings tried to incorporate peanut butter to jazz up a common meal, which I think is the whole concept of the restaurant.

    There are other bestsellers we'd like to try next time, like the spicy buffalo wings. Yes, we'd love to come back for another peanut butter serving. :)


  • You might also like

    No comments: