-->
  • Kuleeeet!

    My mom dumped my niece under my care for the day--just when I had major script revisions at home!

    Being the doting Tita/Ninang that I am, I agreed to look after her for the night while my mom attends her corporate Christmas Party in Manila. Czarina didn't bring home clothes so I had to dress her up in one of my shirts. She's so cute!


    I had leftover clay from Joey's last month as I'm supposed to practice making clay accessories. But with my busy schedule, the small piece was left forgotten at the foot of my bed, the cover gathering dust and whatnots. As I looked for ways to entertain my super kulit niece, I remembered it, pulled out the clay and found it hard, but still malleable. I ended up kneading it (and finally learning how its done) for almost an hour. Here's the pic of Czarina holding the clay:


    She has such small fragile hands! This pic will be in my sketchpad soon. Haha. And after being constantly asked "Ninang, ano 'yan?" we started with the art lesson for the night. Coiling was my favorite session so that's what I forced her to learn. I made the base and she continued from where I left off.

    And in between thinking of dialogues and watching over her (so she won't eat the clay), I snapped this photo:


    She managed to finish the small fruits basket and ended up with this:


    And the total output she made tonight:


    Not bad for a six-year-old! Afterward, she made the "fruits", which in my view looks like goat's shit. I realized today that using leftover clay as to entertain a kid is not a good idea because of limited supply. So I never really let her have her me-time. When we're done, she made kulit again. Goodluck talaga with script revisions! - 12/20/2012 
  • You might also like

    No comments: