-->
  • The Blues

    I am on a high. My attempts at creativity tonight end with four unfinished paintings:


    A bowl, better than yesterday's mess. I am falling in love with the blues--its so unpredictable! And the granulating effect is plainly amazing. I think my pottery paintings are improving too.


    My first attempt at painting a scene (and drawing one too). The lesson: water control. And let a layer dry first before adding another. Now I know better.


    Taken from a photo washed in greys and ceruleans. I'm liking this watercolor version better. And the subject will be added tomorrow. Its also my first time to use rock salt. I should have added more!

    And after all the cool colors, I returned to my safe palette: my favorite reds, this time with some yellows.


    The painting is just some random wash with the intention of mixing and mixing and mixing.

    Its funny how I learn more about myself while painting. And how I calm down and forget everything while my eyes follow the path of my water on paper. I should paint more often. :) - 3/22/2014


  • You might also like

    No comments: