-->
  • A New Beginning

    I cannot believe I'll actually reach the end of the list--I've been happy for the last 100 days. And my realization: I can do it for another hundred days or more.


    THURSDAY: Found time to read this issue of the campus paper. I have many technical comments but that aside, I am happy these kids are continuing the fight for a free and independent campus press.


    FRIDAY: Many events made me happy today. But having a free strawberry ice cream from future Atty. Thea (who I haven't seen in years) edged out everything else.


    SATURDAY: First day of classes was beyond exciting. I have yet to adapt into the graduate school lifestyle but so far its only a reading class--feels like a review of what I used to read in high school.


    SUNDAY: My mom visited just to give me Chinese incense sticks (because its ghost month). Ten years ago this would have annoyed me, but age comes with maturity. I have yet to light them, though.


    MONDAY: My editor sent my laid-out surfing piece. I'm excited to see the published material.


    TUESDAY: Today was too work-laden I couldn't sit down for a decent meal. When I finished everything, I was so languid I could only peel these saba (local banana variety) and eat them raw. They taste like señorita (my favorite banana variety)!


    WEDNESDAY: This supposed day for recuperating became a day for errands. The reward: yummy yogurt and Lucy! :)

    THURSDAY: I am officially brace-free today. No, I will not post a photo or a selfie--am keeping this to myself!


    FRIDAY: Dinosaur is my new favorite word.


    SATURDAY: I am officially a year older (and decades older). The year prior to today was an uphill hell that had me hitting rockbottom. I got here eventually, so I guess the trek was worth it. - 8/16/2014
  • You might also like

    No comments: