-->
  • Almost Over

    My favorite season is almost over. And I didn't even got the chance to frolic on the beach or spend a lazy afternoon on a hammock.

    Summer is my favorite season for two reasons: 1) It's hot and 2) I love the sea. Absurd since I don't know how to swim, nor paddle. But I was never scared of it -- the sea and its bounty. If I were to be reborn I want to be any underwater creature, so I might explore the world I never got to dive into, the world I can only look at but never touch.

    I love the view of the sea, the vastness, the cool relaxing hue, the reflection of the skies on the surface. I grew up loving the beach and the surf. Loving summer flings and shaved sweets. It grew in me -- summer in its entirety.

    This year is different. It is the same as last year's. I never had the feel of the sand between my fingers. My skin didn't worship the sun the way it used to. And that cold night wind failed to pass through bonfires made from dried coconut leaves and trunks.

    May hasn't ended yet, but downpours arrived early. Gone is my season. Gone is my sea. Gone are my waves. Gone is my life on the beach. Much as I try to recapture it, the water has flowed. Maybe the seagulls will bring it back, maybe the waves will call again in that melancholic song that delusions me.

    I've wasted a year not being by the sea. The fluidity and calmness reappeared in my thoughts last night. The first time in a year. It was the longest night of my life. Tomorrow will be the longest day.

    Message from the stars.
  • You might also like

    No comments: