-->
  • Crunch Time (I did kill you, you just didn't die)

    Workloads and potential articles are swamping my table--fast. A part of me feels thrilled because I'm getting good and challenging stories to explore, yet another part doubts whether I'm capable of justifying the pieces with my skills.

    Sometimes I don't feel like writing because I feel I'm not good enough. Much like when I did a review on Benjamin Pimentel's new book. It was so beautifully-written and I bled my wits trying to give the review it deserved. To my dismay, my article ended up too "safe," as my editor told me later on. Or it could be somehow similar to Maria's case in Stage Beauty where she says bluntly: "I cannot do it for myself alone, for I fear in truth, I am terrible at it." (Maybe I should watch that movie again.)

    Anyway, back to the ordeal at hand. I'm brimming with story ideas but I don't think I have the time to write everything down--or the skill to write it perfectly. Purple and I had the same conversation last week and we both agreed on the same thing: Writing doesn't feel fun anymore--it feels like work.

    The bottomline for this entry is that the deadline for the UST writing workshop and the DWW is nearing but I'm still two essays short. I need more time, I think. But with the workload I have now, I might be unable to (quickly) wrap up the requirements. And it saddens me to think that I had a year to prepare for those workshops.

    Maybe I should start re-aligning my priorities. I hope though that it's still not too late.
  • You might also like

    No comments: