-->
  • Awakening

    I've been thinking alot in the past few days about my career and where I want myself to end up five years from now. There's a part of me that says I shouldn't be in journalism and I should have been in Fine Arts (which was my first love, by the way).

    The major idea is that, sometimes even if you know you're doing the wrong thing, you want someone to point out your mistakes. Nobody pointed out mine but that's where the real questioning begins. Do I need someone to even tell me that? Shouldn't I have the initiative to stop?

    Anyway, after contemplation, I've come up with some thoughts:

    1) I am not getting any younger. I'm 23 now. If I'm in the newspaper biz, I'm no longer a cub reporter, therefore, I should get my act together and stop acting like a novice.
    2) The "glory of the byline" matters. As Danton Remoto pointed out in his Tuesday column for abs-cbnNEWs.com, everyone wants a place in history.
    3) I'm over the stage where I write to express myself.
    4) I don't need to prove myself; I just need to work hard.
    5) I will never be the same person I was last year.
    6) I am my own inspiration.
    7)It's no longer "If I want to be the best, I have to be trained by the best" but "If I want to be the best, I have to train myself to be the best."
    8) Procrastinating is the biggest temptation and should be avoided at all times.
    9) I know what I want so why shouldn't I get it?
    10) I am only as good as my last work. (Thanks Sir Dodge!)
  • You might also like

    No comments: