-->
  • Wine and Cheese Night

    I just had an expensive dinner at Terry's Selection at The Podium last night after the tobacco control fellowship seminar at The Astoria. Yes, I got myself tangled into another journalism grant. And yes, I will be doing another lifestyle and fun story on cigarettes. ^_^

    Back to dinner... Jum insisted I join her grant mentor, Ms Lala Rimando, for dinner. She's sharing the table with another fellow, Catherine Visconti from Move.ph, the brainchild of Maria Ressa. So as Miss Lala and Jum were busily chatting about her business story...


    Catherine and I were talking about her job at Move.ph. Its basically a news site that offers multimedia journalism. Yes, there's videos, articles, analysis, data, and every journo goodie. I can't really explain much because I'm not part of the team.


    Catherine and I were also busy sampling our second bottle of wine, a French Merlot that's crisp and medium dry, munching on gambazola and olives, and watching mesmerized by the way this sausage was cooked:


    I didn't like the sausage much (My ideal sausage is the herb-y vegetarian sausage I had in Miniloc Island a few months ago. It still makes my mouth water.) Jum got drunk, which was weird since she's the first person I know who got drunk over wine.

    Finally, we had to get the bill and head to Cafe Breton for some after-dinner coffee. We also braved the dreadful Ortigas traffic to see the flying lanterns for the 11-11-11 celebrations. We saw a few yellow dots, probably four or five, and that was it. We sure hoped for more.

    But nonetheless, it was a nice comfortable dinner. - 11/11/2011
  • You might also like

    No comments: