-->
  • Dreadful David Beckham Night

    For months, I've been excited for the friendly soccer match between the Philippine Azkals and the LA Galaxy, the team  football superstar David Beckham currently plays for. My excitement went overboard when my editor for Mabuhay told me she could arrange a media pass for me. Yes!

    Fast forward to tonight's game... Everything went out of place: I couldn't get confirmation from the organizers, traffic was really heavy, I couldn't find the media room, I couldn't find my ID, I'm running low on battery, my photographer got stranded somewhere in the field.... Hell. It was just hell.

    Maybe it happened because I was too happy to see my grade school crush. Its probably some sort of karma for being overly and extremely excited for the game. I wonder what could have happened if I followed my instincts and stayed at home, watching my newly-bought DVDs, ogling over Bradley James' godlike physique.

    But no--instead of sitting comfortably at home, I was standing in the bleachers, craning my neck and squinting my eyes to get the best view of my biggest crush: a wobbly, opaque running figure I couldn't clearly see because of my dreadful near-sighted peepers. In short, I didn't see him at all!

    And the best, the closest image Ophelia can give me was this:


    Well, this certainly was better that this:


    I thought I'd get a good view of David B. when the game ended as teams usually circle the playing field. But the visiting team just walked at the middle and the closest I could get to seeing him was this small:


    Was it a wonderful thrilling blissful experience? Not really. My television would have offered a better view.

    But the bad luck didn't end with my buying a ticket. I missed the LRT and had to take the jeep to go home. And I knew then and there that my David B. fantasy had turned into a nightmare I don't want to remember again.
  • You might also like

    No comments: