-->
  • Flowers in Cambodia

    Cambodia has such interesting flora and fauna. It has some similarities from back home but most were different and sometimes, peculiar. That being said, here's a rundown of my flower finds in this ancient country:


    Some lotus flowers blooming at the Royal Palace. There are also some yellow buds which are like periwinkle flowers (below) but I'm not sure.


    This peaceful white bud (I think this is not a lotus?) was at the shrine for the previous Cambodian king, also at the Royal Palace.


    And my most intriguing flower in this collection:


    I think our tuktuk driver told us that this is a flower sacred to the deities, I just could not remember what its called. But they sure look intriguing, plus they have a certain sweet and fragrant smell.


    The killing fields in Phnom Penh, despite the lush vines and trees, has a depressing vibe to it. Nonetheless, there are purple and white flowers blooming in the area.


    I found this decaying flower bracelet (below) at the Angkor Wat temple, in one of the Apsara sculptures. They are somewhat synonymous to the sampaguitas.



    I love Cambodia's landscape and the flowers around here are interesting. The geography and culture might have added to the variation, since this country has a different religion and is landlocked, unlike the Philippines. - 10/24/2014
  • You might also like

    No comments: