-->
  • Cinemalaya presence


    Tonight, Ian accompanied me to watch Cinemalaya 2009 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. The publicity of the local indie film festival must have been good, as watchers soared this year. Yes, to the point that if you drop a needle on the CCP grounds (wherever it is), it won't make a sound. Also, tickets sell as hot as pancakes.

    This bloat in watchers sort of ruined the Cinemalaya anticipation for me. And I haven't been attending the film festival much since 2008. (My first Cinemalaya was in 2007 and there were very few people then.) I hate crowded areas; I feel that people are sucking away my positive energies and I'm imbibing their negative ones.


    Ian and I were also there for another reason: I asked her to take decent photos of me for my friend John Lander, who's making a feature article on Manila for Tiger Airways. He asked a local's thoughts on Manila and he needs a hi-res photo of that.


    After we're done in CCP, we head off to Harbor Square for dinner and for another round of photoshoots. Above is a photo of Ian taking a picture of me with the Manila Bay behind me.


    Ian also introduced his new doll, the pink one. (What was her name again?) Apparently she's the partner of Numnum (pronounced as nam-nam) and yes, he's the green buddy here. :)
  • You might also like

    No comments: