-->
  • SONA na naman

    This year's State of the Nation Address was way different than last year's. I didn't cover this time and I regretted not being there with Ms. Carmela. I didn't go because I thought the research team had to do numerous last-minute researches since this will be GMA's last SONA. I didn't expect though that it would go the other way around.

    Abs-cbnNEWS.com came out with a series of report-card-like stories on the different sectors, each looking into what happened in those departments throughout GMA's 8-year term. For a complete list of SONA stories we came out a week before the big day, visit our SONA microsite.

    Anyway, I'm so happy because my stories finally came out--both of them. Those were not analyses, though, simply researches and interviews. But I'm quite happy with the way they came out, nonetheless. The first one was a list of scandals that happened during GMA's term, some involving the First Family and some involving other personalities. (Read: Scandals!)

    The second one was a series of insights from GMA's critics--on what they think was her strengths and weaknesses, her failures, and overlooked programs that should have been the primary focus of her administration. (Read: GMA's strong points? Critics make a list)

    And the best part was that my scandals got published in the front page of Philippine Star last July 23 and had been published as a series, as Noel Salazar told me through text. Not sure though when the last list of scandals came out but I'm assuming it went on until July 26, the Sunday before the big day.

    Now that the SONA is over, GMA already delivered her bitchiest speech to date in a terno with ube fries, the research team is experiencing a typical low day. But another good news is that we're getting to do the stories we want to explore--alongside other assigned stories. Although that means additional work, Purple and I are glad we'd get to write more about what interests us. I love opportunities like these.

    Kudos to research! :)
  • You might also like

    No comments: