-->
  • The Path to Sushi Plates

    Remember the weirdly-shaped cup I called an apple mug a few months ago? Here's how it fared after undergoing glazing and firing for the second time:


    Love the color--it doesn't look like a vagina now. My blue pencil holder became like this:


    It didn't end up drenched in dark blue as I initially imagined, though.

    But these glazed creations were not the highlight of my day. What was, you ask? Sushi plates! I've been dying to make sushi plates since I attended pottery class last April. And after my bad attendance (once a month class, sorry!), I'm finally in the plating part! Two thumbs-up to me!


    I made three sushi plates, in three sizes, with different numbers of swirls. Kim pointed out I always incorporate swirls in my creations, leading me to realize that am probably staying in this hobby because of my fixation for swirls. (Pottery makes the best/perfect/breathtaking swirls.) Haha. These better look good or I'm gonna get utterly disappointed.


    After months of prodding, Ira finally joined us. With five creations in three hours, Ira better off working in a ceramics factory than in a magazine! The numbers totally blew away my apple cup and swirly pencil holder. Geez.

    After the session, which was so tiring I wanted to just go home and sleep, we went upstairs to glaze the work I made last month. Here's how trashy I looked while waxing my Hello Kitty cup:


    Earlier, we shared the workstation with the production team of GMA. Apparently, my housemate shared Joey with another kiddie show and they did production shoot this morning. Imagine all the noise!

    Here's the Saturday morning team with Joey and Jaime:


    Can't wait for the next session--I'm finally doing the wheel! - 6/23/2012
  • You might also like

    No comments: