-->
  • Bowls, pots, plates, and more!

    Joey de Castro, my pottery teacher, invited Kim and I for the opening night of his latest exhibit, Earthen Treasures. Even though we're busy, we decided to drop by and look around since its our first time to attend a pottery exhibit.

    The creations (bowls, plates, jars, etc) were placed around the condominium showroom, which for Kim seemed strategic. As she said: Its good so when you buy these, you know where to put them.

    And so we spent an hour going around the two rooms, ogling and taking photos of the stuff we like. I was enamored by Joey's bowls, probably because I love bowls and I love eating. Kim liked Tessie's floral table creations and would buy them if money was not an issue.

    We didn't buy anything but we're excited for Joey's open house sale later this month. (I already have a rundown of the things I'm going to buy. Haha.)

    This is my favorite bowl. The melding colors remind me of spilled gasoline. Love love it:


    See the spiral in the middle? Pretty, no?


    Kim said clay creations with red glaze are more expensive than the others because its hard to mix red. This one's a charmer:


    More bowls by Joey:


    I also like this huge ashen bowl by Jon:


    As well as this rustic tea set:


    Kim, on the other hand, adored Tessie's celadon vase:


    The Earthen Treasures pottery exhibit features the works of Jon Pettyjohn, Tessy Pettyjohn, Joey de Castro, Pablo Capati III, Pete Cortes and Lope Bosaing. The creations are on display at the Ortigas & Co. Show Room in Greenhills. - 11/13/2012
  • You might also like

    No comments: