-->
  • Ramen Heaven at Kenji Tei

    Libay (the Liberty Trinidad) and I dined at Kenji Tei in Greenbelt 5 today. The reason? I'm bored and I miss Makati. It just so happened that Libay was also in the area to buy some presents for a bridal shower. So instead of strolling alone, we met up and spent the afternoon following our consumerist urges, which was bad on the pockets, if I may say discreetly.

    Anyway, since we're both foodies.The first thing we did was to eat in one of the dining selections in GB5. We landed in Kenji Tei, a Japanese ramen store in the fourth floor. The place is quiet, well-lit, and basically good to lounge on lazy afternoons.

    As we're both sushi lovers, we got the mixed sushi plate that has around 16 types of sushi. Libay picked the tamago (egg) and the uni (sea urchin) while I picked the shrimp and the salmon sushi. The verdict: Really really good! If we didn't order ramen, we probably ordered a second plate.

    Mixed Sushi Plate (P500++)
    And because Kenji Tei is a ramen store, there are more than 10 specialty ramen in the menu. We opted to try the bestsellers: the Negi ramen for my companion, and the Gomboku for me. (I'm not a fan of spicy food, unless we're talking about sausages.)


    Compared to our previous ramen experience (in a restaurant along Tomas Morato), this one was a sure winner. The spice is not overpowering, the noodles are firm yet gullible, and the broth is tasty but not oily. The bowl is a bargain at P270 each.

    My idea of a perfect ramen is one that has loads of toppings with a simple broth. Mine had just that:


    As a ramen lover, I enjoyed the experience we had in Kenji Tei. I'd definitely come back to try the other ones. I'll try the Mapo Tofu ramen next time. :)

    After the meal, I realized we should have bought sake to celebrate Libay's show, Yesterday's Bride, which will air on Monday. She made the concept and hopefully, her name will appear in the opening billboard. - 10/27/2012

  • You might also like

    No comments: