-->
  • A Happy Dose

    Randy told me that the best way to cope with depression is to surround oneself with people. No, the goal isn't to create a pity party but to receive a healthy dose of reality check.

    Surprisingly, my previous ten days were filled with that: good food with special people, a week of socials. Here's a quickie:


    MONDAY: My cousin Lele and I do wine nights when she's in Manila... And her current fave is this sweet Moscato d'Asti. Too bad its corked, though. As I'm very picky with scents and after tastes, I didn't fully enjoy the wine--just the stories and the company that washed it down.


    TUESDAY: Tonight, I met one of my favorite bilingual Filipino writers: the Bien Lumbera. I asked him a (personal) question and got a wonderful inspiring response. :)


    WEDNESDAY: Lele and I watched a movie tonight: Spiderman 2, which wasn't as entertaining as the Tobey M. versions. But I loved the geeky-ness of the film; we're just not fans of the running time...


    THURSDAY: I saw Nica by accident at the train and we ended up sharing a cup of coffee and a few stories. We've been planning coffee updates for weeks prior to the meeting but our schedules wouldn't meet; we've been so busy!


    FRIDAY: The team finally saw the pilot day of our new soap: Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real. Ohmygulay, crush ko na si DD. The mats need a few tweaking but am excited for our airing! :)


    SATURDAY: I enrolled for another session, on another schedule, with new classmates and teachers. The upside: meeting up with classmates from the first session, Kimi and Flo. They took a break from French class but are coming back this season.


    SUNDAY: I have finally decided on a topic for tomorrow's essay exam. Hopefully, this will get a nod from the department and usher me into the program.


    MONDAY: Today was the longest day of my life. I survived the haul but faces the dreadful part: the waiting. News might not be good, though. Haha.


    TUESDAY: I finally got my renewed passport. And its ready for another nomadic five years.


    WEDNESDAY: Lele gave me 'mamalel' today! Yay! - 5/28/2014


  • You might also like

    No comments: