-->
  • By the Shade

    I'm in desperate need of a getaway and because this spot has been so hot right now (having been featured in local travel magazines and all), I decided to spend the weekend here while writing my script.


    Lilom Beach Resort is a compact private property turned resort for families and basically any group who wants to linger by the beach, without going far. Located in Anilao, Batangas, this spot has a limited number of accommodations--reserve immediately when you want to laze for a weekend.

    I chose the Satcho room, which has its own veranda and a view of the beach. I have my own hammock too. This is what you see when you open the sliding door:


    Aside from lounging and just lazing for the weekend, I trooped to Batangas to practice my photography and get more acquainted with Alab. Here are the photos from the trip:



    This is the view of my room from the beach:



    And the food: home-cooked hearty meals! This is not the best place to take a diet. Food are served around five times a day: breakfast (below), lunch, dinner, and light meals in between. For the early morning repas, I got served turon and coffee. In the afternoon--mojitos!

     

    I like the resort because its so lazy and adds a little something to Anilao, which is not necessarily the ideal spot to frolic by the beach (those stones are sharp and will hurt!). I like the name too, which is a Southern Tagalog word that means 'shade'.



    Would I come back? I definitely will. Though I would have to do enough exercise to climb the very steep stone steps from the national highway to the resort! - 4/6/2013
  • You might also like

    No comments: