-->
  • Rabbit tries watercolor!

    Today, cat and rabbit attended their first watercolor class!

    We were so excited we were at Fully Booked an hour before class! Haha. BUT we forgot to bring water containers. Luckily, Teacher Eileen (Escueta) brought extra containers made of recycled water bottles.

    Nica had her watercolor crash course last month at Ayala Museum so basically, I'm the only newbie here. Teacher Eileen started off with a lecture on the types of washes: felt, gradient, and wet-on-wet. Our first activity was to do the three washes using the primary colors.

    My tubes were not as messy as I expected (I didn't know how to properly open them before). Cat even helped me squeeze them into my palette. After the preparations, we started the washes!

    Intially, I was annoyed because the water wouldn't move where I want it, so I was forcing gravity and manipulating the flow. "I know you're impatient but not THAT impatient," Nica would tell me, laughing.

    Well, I tried to curb that by doing another sheet while the other one dries. and again, forcing gravity. Teacher Eileen was laughing too--I must have looked like a bratty kid. Anyway, since my colors weren't mixing the way I wanted them, I was doubly frustrated!

    "This mixture is so pangit," I said of my first wet-on-wet. (Imagine with a pout.)

    Teacher Eileen hushed me and said: Don't judge a work when its still wet. Apparently, as long as a sheet is wet, there are still color movements, which influences the final design.

    But stubborn me kept moving around, dancing, flailing my arms until the design matches my satisfaction. And really, it didn't. It never does. Teacher would always say "Wait" and "Don't move it" in rabid succession throughout the session.

    I've never heard so many "No" and "Don't" in two hours!

    Afterward, I saw Nica's work and was inggit again! Her washes were really tenderfully made, albeit with a little more water than necessary. I was quick to ask: "Why is hers better?"

    Teacher Eileen, probably used to the kakulitan of the first timers, cupped my head and said: "Don't compare!"

    Despite the numerous customers at Fully Booked, my companions laughed, all of us, including the boys from Teacher Janet's class. And my first class was filled with just that: My neverending stubborness. And loads of bratty girly remarks in between. I can't wait for next Tuesday! - 5/7/2013
  • You might also like

    1 comment:

    danicat said...

    haha! you did well on your first day rabbit :) wag macyadong competitive! haha watercolor is a relaxing time for the cat, soaking her brain in colors. excited for the next session! weeee!