-->
  • Batanes Blooms

    Going through my Batanes outtakes, I realised I love flowers and adore taking photos of them whenever I travel. My brief stay in Batan resulted in the a floral photo collection. These are not necessarily flowers that can be found only in Batanes, but it was enchanting seeing them survive in the most unexpected places--and in a province often hacked by storms.

    Morning glories creeping through the boulders in Valugan Bay


    Makahiyas (literally shy ones) can be found everywhere in the Philippines. When I was a child, my cousins and I used to hunt for these just to touch them and watch the leaves fold in defence.

    Hydrangeas along the road


    I forgot what these white buds are (above) but I know that these are the favourite of bees. The local government unit must have implemented a program that planted these plants along the main highway. I saw them while biking from Valugan Bay.


    (Sometimes I hate not taking Botany seriously and not considering a course in flowers.)




    Wild roses beneath the lighthouse
    When I went to Mahatao, I saw this (below) beautiful flower; the yellow buds in the middle make it so enchanting. (Anyone knows what these flowers are called? Can I grow them in my backyard?)


    The cute yellow buds (below) overlooks the Diura fishing village near Mahatao.

    By the cliffside


    The purple flowers (above) seemed like yellow bells and I found en route to the Racuh-a-payaman (Marlboro country) pastureland (below).



    The coastal town of Ivana was a host to few flowers. I found this (below) near the former American conservatory and was not as vibrant as the other florals in this series.




    These flowers (above) looked like santan, but hanging from a high tree. I saw them while exchanging stories with Myron. - 7/15/2014
  • You might also like

    No comments: